Find out more about correct daily skincare regime for pre-mature ageing skin
Each of us is different, so is our skin. Different skin types require different skin regimes so is important to know how to look after your skin properly.
From a cosmetic point of view, the skin is classified according to several factors related to its balance: sebaceous secretion, hydration and sensitivity level. Thus, each type of skin will have its own characteristics and require different care approaches. The type of skin is determined by genetics, although it will also be affected by other factors and can change with time.
Kalahari Lifestyle Skin classification looks at overall skin health and group skin types into 5 groups:
- Mature Skin
- Premature Ageing Skin
- Dry & Dehydrated Skin
- Sensitive & Sensitised Skin
- Hyperpigmentated Skin
Pre-mature ageing skin
Premature ageing is the unnatural, accelerated process of ageing the skin. Prevention and treating pre-mature ageing skin is possible with professional skincare treatments and the correct home-care products. The signs of premature skin ageing are often quite visible and include fine lines, environmental damage and an impaired hydrolipid barrier (the natural oil layer on the skin).
Signs of pre-mature ageing skin
- Sunspots – also called age spots and liver spots, are flat spots on your skin caused by years of sun exposure. These hyper-pigmented spots may develop on your face, the back of your hands, or your forearms.
- Hyperpigmentation – Many people develop patchy discolouration on their chest as they get older. Similar to sunspots, these areas of differing pigment can be caused by damage to your cells from sun exposure.
- Wrinkles or sagging – as you enter your 30s, your skin slows down its production of collagen, the protein that gives your skin its shape. Collagen is what helps your skin bounce back and stay plump. With less collagen in the skin, it’s easier for visible wrinkles and sagging to occur. You might notice this happening more in areas around frequently used muscles, like the forehead, or where you’re more exposed to the sun.
- Dry or dehydrated skin – dry or itchy skin may happen more frequently over time. With age, our skin is getting thinner and is more susceptible to dehydration.
Factors that affect skin ageing:
- Sleep – Sleep gives your body an opportunity to refresh and regenerate cells.
- Daily diet – eating a diet high in sugar and refined carbohydrates can damage your skin over time.
- Environment – the ageing process can be triggered by environmental pollutants. Our skin has direct contact with the air around us and skin barrier is being subjected to the toxins and pollutants in your daily environment.
- Sun exposure and tanning – Tanning beds and exposure to the sun penetrate your skin with UV rays. These rays damage the DNA in your skin cells, causing wrinkles.
- Smoking – The toxins in cigarette smoke expose your skin to oxidative stress. This causes dryness, wrinkles, and other signs of premature ageing.
How to prevent it:
Once you notice the first signs of ageing we recommend to focus on proper skincare and you can take a few steps to address the way your body is changing. The ideal to prevent skin ageing is to begin the care at an early age and when we notice the first sign, visit Skin Expert regularly and take the necessary precautions: protection against the sun by using SPF, healthy lifestyle, proper diet, get enough sleep and a correct daily skincare regime. It’s crucial for your skincare healthy to choose the best skincare products for your skin concerns. The best skincare products keep the face healthy, supple and with life that preserves the beauty.
Kalahari Skincare products for pre-mature ageing skin
Target successfully the first signs of premature ageing and effectively de-age the skin by incorporating the Kalahari home-care and professional treatment protocols. Advanced formulas were developed with superior antioxidants, vitamins, peptides, hyaluronic acid and other effective ingredients, in order to accelerate the formation of collagen and elastin and to eliminate free radical formation.
By introducing Kalahari Skincare products to your daily skin routine your skin becomes healthier and radiant. Multi-functional ingredient approach rejuvenates the skin and guarantee the best care.
To make sure your mature skin is looked after in a correct way, we prepared together with Kalahari Lifestyle a program to help you understand step by step how to introduce those amazing products to your skin.
Stay up-to-date with our daily tips – follow our Social Media