Serums for your skin essentials
In recent years, serums have become a buzzword in the world of skincare. From anti-aging to brightening and hydrating, serums are touted as a must-have in any skincare routine. But what exactly are serums, and why are they so essential?
Serums are lightweight, fast-absorbing liquids that are designed to penetrate deeper into the skin than other skincare products. They contain a high concentration of active ingredients, such as antioxidants, peptides, and vitamins, that target specific skin concerns.
Here are some reasons why serums are an essential part of a skincare routine:
They deliver active ingredients to the skin
Serums are formulated with high concentrations of active ingredients that are designed to penetrate deep into the skin. This means that they can deliver a higher concentration of beneficial ingredients to the skin than other skincare products, such as moisturizers.
2. They target specific skin concerns
Because serums contain high concentrations of active ingredients, they are designed to target specific skin concerns, such as fine lines and wrinkles, dark spots, and uneven skin tone. By using a serum that is specifically formulated for your skin type and concerns, you can address these issues more effectively than with other skincare products.
3. They boost hydration
Many serums are formulated with hydrating ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid, which can help to boost skin hydration levels. This is particularly important for those with dry or dehydrated skin, as serums can help to replenish lost moisture and improve skin texture and tone.
4. They enhance the efficacy of other skincare products
Because serums penetrate deeper into the skin, they can help to enhance the efficacy of other skincare products. For example, using a serum before applying a moisturizer can help to improve the absorption and effectiveness of the moisturizer.
5. They can prevent future damage
Serums containing antioxidants, such as vitamin C and E, can help to protect the skin from environmental damage, such as pollution and UV radiation. This can help to prevent future damage and signs of aging.
In conclusion, serums are an essential part of any skincare routine. They deliver active ingredients to the skin, target specific skin concerns, boost hydration, enhance the efficacy of other skincare products, and can even prevent future damage. By incorporating a serum into your skincare routine, you can improve the overall health and appearance of your skin.
Probiotic skincare has been gaining popularity in recent years, and for good reason. Our skin’s microbiome plays a crucial role in maintaining its health and appearance. The microbiome is made up of trillions of microorganisms that live on our skin’s surface and in its deeper layers. These microorganisms, including bacteria, fungi, and viruses, work together to keep our skin’s pH levels balanced and protect it from harmful pathogens.
However, factors such as pollution, stress, and the use of harsh skincare products can disrupt the balance of our skin’s microbiome, leading to skin issues such as dryness, acne, and premature aging. This is where probiotic skincare comes in. By using products that contain live bacteria or prebiotic ingredients that nourish the skin’s natural microbiome, we can help restore and maintain a healthy skin barrier.
The Esse Probiotic Serum from the Plus Range won the Best Innovative Beauty Products Gold Award in 2021.
It is a prime example of a live probiotic skincare product. It contains more than 1 billion living probiotic cells per ml. Independent testing shows that it increases skin firmness and elasticity.
This serum contains high doses of probiotic active ingredients in organic formulations, which work together to boost the skin’s microbiome for maximum anti-aging results. The serum’s potent blend of probiotics and prebiotics helps to strengthen the skin’s natural defences, enhance its hydration levels, and promote a more youthful, radiant complexion.
Ultimate firming and lifting for ageing skin Ageless Serum
- Prebiotics – Inulin and Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharides have been included at the highest level in the Esse Plus range.
- Probiotics – this serum uses BIOME+ LEVEL 3, similar probiotic technology to the Esse Toner Plus. It contains probiotic cells that are still whole and able to dock into the binding sites on keratinocytes, but the cells are no longer alive. The metabolites in the fermentation “broth” are also included. The key effect is to stimulate the colonisation of favourable bacteria species.
- Purpose: ”The firming and lifting effects of this age-defying serum are enhanced with long-term use. Inactivated probiotic Lactobacillus cells are added to stimulate the skin’s production of β-defensins. These peptides shift the populations of microbes in the skin to favour beneficial species so that they can outcompete pro-ageing species. Suma Root, Muira Puama Bark, and Madonna Lily extracts are used in combination to improve the strength of capillary walls and aid in tissue repair. Over time, skin firmness and youthfulness improve.”
The Esse Probiotic Serum from the Plus Range is a prime example of a probiotic skincare product. This serum contains high doses of probiotic active ingredients in organic formulations, which work together to boost the skin’s microbiome for maximum anti-aging results. The serum’s potent blend of probiotics and prebiotics helps to strengthen the skin’s natural defenses, enhance its hydration levels, and promote a more youthful, radiant complexion.
What’s more, the Esse Probiotic Serum is free from synthetic fragrances, parabens, and other harmful chemicals commonly found in skincare products. Instead, it uses natural, sustainably sourced ingredients that are gentle on the skin and kind to the planet.
So, whether you’re looking to combat the signs of aging, improve your skin’s overall health, or simply incorporate more natural and sustainable products into your skincare routine, the Esse Probiotic Serum from the Plus Range is definitely worth considering. With its powerful probiotic and prebiotic ingredients, this serum offers a natural and effective solution to maintaining a healthy, youthful complexion.
What qualifies Esse as a sustainable natural beauty brand?
Esse is passionate about looking at the bigger picture which is why the range is centred on sustainability:
- The range is certified organic to COSMOS standards by EcoCert.
- The range is cruelty free, administered by Beauty Without Cruelty.
- The range is vegan, accredited by the vegan society in the UK.
- The range is fair-trade in that a very large percentage of the ingredients we used are purchased through programmes that ensure the fair remuneration of rural people for the collection of plant material, as well as sustainable harvesting to ensure an ongoing income and healthy plant populations.
- Esse audits its carbon emissions on an annual basis and offsets any extra carbon load by investing in programs that actively sequester carbon from the environment.
- The range is plastic neutral. We calculate all the plastic we use and then purchase an equivalent or higher amount of kgs back by partnering with Cleanhub. This assists local communities to setup small businesses while removing plastic from our oceans.
- In terms of health benefits, Esse is organic and microbiome-friendly to ensure no long-term health risks.